chakka payasam with chakk avaratiyathu
simple dessert with the jackfruit preserve and coconut milk that can be prepared easily.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 1/3 cup chakka varattiyathu/jackfruit preserve
- 1/2 cup jaggery
- 1 cup thin coconut milk
- 3 tsp ghee
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/2 cup thick coconut milk
- 1.5 tbsp coconut pieces
- 1 tbsp cashews
- 6-8 no dry grapes
firstly prepare the first and second extract coconut milk and keep it ready
mix thin coconut milk (2nd extract), jackfruit preserve and jaggery until smooth.
boil it for 2-3 minutes and then add cardamom powder, ghee and mix well
switch off and add thick coconut milk. mix well.
melt ghee, fry coconut pieces and cashews for 10 seconds and then add dry grapes. fry till reddish. add this to the payasam and mix well
serve the payasam warm or chilled.
- you can add jackfruit chunks along with the chakka varatti
- if you are unsure of the dust particles in jaggery, melt and add it separately.
- based on the sweetness of the chakka varatti adjust jaggery
- need not cook after adding first coconut milk as it will curdle the payasam.