Banana flowers and dal vadai
Prep Time2 hrs
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time2 hrs 30 mins
Servings: 30 Vadas
- 1.5 Cups Channa dal
- 0.5 Cup Banana flowers - Chopped and tightly packed
- 3 -4 Medium Garlic cloves
- 1 Tsp Turmeric powder
- 4-5 Long dry Red chillies
- 1 1/4 Tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 1/2 Tsp Fennel seeds
- 2 Medium Onions - Finely chopped
- 2 Spring Curry leaves - Finely chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp Coriander leaves - Finely chopped
- Salt - To taste
Soak channa dal for 2-3 hours.
Clean banana flowers, chop roughly and put them in buttermilk.
Grind together channa dal, salt, turmeric powder, garlic, red chillies, cumin seeds and fennel seeds. Grind them coarsely and take in a bowl.
Again roughly grind the banana flowers and add to it. Mix well and Check salt.
Add chopped onions, curry leaves and coriander leaves.mix well.
Heat oil, make small balls of lemon size with the batter. Flatten it slowly with your fingers. Fry until golden brown on both sides. Transfer it to tissue paper.Serve hot with sauce or coconut chutney.