Vishu kanji recipe
palakkad Vishu kanji / raw rice porridge
Servings: 4 people
- 1/4 cup unakkalari/ any raw rice
- 1/4 cup matta rice
- 4 cups third and fourth extract coconut milk
- 2 cups second extract coconut milk
- 1 cup first extract coconut milk
- salt to taste
to cook mochai
- 1/8 cup puliavarakkai/ mochai/ mocha kotta
- 1 cup thin coconut milk (4th extract)
- 1 cup water
roast the mochai/ puliavarakkai in cooker until spots appear. Add a cup of thin coconut milk and 1 cup water.
Pressure cook for 3-4 whistles.
Wash and add raw rice and matta rice to a thick bottomed vessel. Add third and fourth extract coconut milk. Mix well. let it cook in medium heat until all the coconut milk is absorbed.
when is rice is half cooked, add second extract coconut milk and cooked mochai. Mix well and cook till soft and mashable.
Lastly, add first extract coconut milk, salt. mix well and just heat it up. serve it fresh with chammanthi/pickle.