Aloo Gobi Kheema | Veg Kheema recipe
Aloo Gobi Kheema – spicy recipe made with minced cauliflower and potato. Veg kheema recipe
Ok it was the0″ Gobi” time in my kitchen when i was standing still as as usual thinking of what to cook with it. I wanted it to go with rice as a stir fry rather than a curry.
It is my very own behavior of getting easily attracted to the talented ones. I admire their work and style. One such is Shaheen Ali. The Food clicks and Clean & perfect recipes made me a huge fan of her blog! I recently saw her Insta story of Mutton kheema and then it struck my mind to try kheema with gobi. 🙂
Am not sure how many would admire my work and style. Of course, I always wanted to follow my own style and brains and that is what my readers would love. I believe for any blogger it is “Being yourself” which brings you to the heights you wanted to be. But i have a long list of fellow bloggers who are very much talented and watching them makes me think “You have a long way to go baby” 😛 Phew! yes that’s true!
Aloo Gobi Kheema Pictorial description
Get all your ingredients ready
- Now let’s start cooking: Heat oil and splutter mustard seeds
- drop few curry leaves and let it turn crisp
- Goes in finely chopped onions
- Add Ginger garlic paste along with the onions and saute until onions are pink and raw smell of ginger garlic is gone.
- Add the masala powders once the onions are pink. Add turmeric, fennel powder, garam masala and chilli powder
- Mix well and let it cook for a minute in simmer.
- Drop in the gobi kheema , aloo kheema and salt. (very Finely chop the cauliflower florets and potato). I use prestige chopper to chop them finely.
- Mix well and add little water.
- Close and cook until the flavors get in and the vegetables are cooked completely.
I took an extra step of adding oil seasoned with turmeric and kashmiri chilli powder for a rich color as in the final pic. But that’s optional!
Aloo Gobi Kheema Recipe
Aloo gobi Kheema
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 spring curry leaves
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp fennel powder
- 3/4 tsp garam masala
- 1 cup cauliflower finely chopped
- 1/2 cup potato finely chopped
- Heat oil and splutter mustard seeds, few curry leaves and let it turn crisp
- Goes in finely chopped onions and Ginger garlic paste . saute until onions are pink and raw smell of ginger garlic is gone.
- Add turmeric, fennel powder, garam masala and chilli powder. Mix well and let it cook for a minute in simmer.
- Drop in the chopped cauliflower, finely chopped potato and salt. Mix well and add little water. Close and cook until the flavors get in and the vegetables are cooked completely. aloo gobi kheema