Masala toast recipe Iyengar bakery style
Masala toast recipe Iyengar bakery style | Masala bread toast
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time45 mins
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1.5 cups onion - finely chopped
- 1 long green chilli - finely chopped
- 1/4 cup capsicum - finely chopped
- 1 no carrots - grated
- 1 cup tomato - finely chopped
- salt to taste
- 1/8 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 6-8 sandwich bread slices
heat oil and crackle cumin seeds. fry onion, green chilli and capsicum for a minute.
add grated carrots and fry for a minute.
further ad chopped tomato, turmeric powder, salt, chilli powder, garam masala, cumin powder and mix well. fry till tomatoes are mushy.
finally add chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
melt butter in another pan and toast the bread slice on both sides.
apply the veg mixture all over evenly and cut diagonally into triangle.