Masala toast recipe Iyengar bakery style | Masala bread toast with step by step pics and video recipe. A simple and delicious open bread toast recipe popularly found in the bakeries in south India especially in Iyengar bakery, Bangalore.
this recipe is made with onion, carrots, tomatoes the very simple way and is one of the best option for even kids lunch box.
it is slightly spicy, sweet and tangy. altogether a balanced mildly spiced open bread toast with veg filling on toasted bread. I have used white bread here. You can also use wheat bread or multigrain bread for this recipe.
this masala bread toast tastes good as such without any sides. But, if needed can be served with tomato sauce.
Iyengar bakery style masala toast recipe
Masala toast recipe Iyengar bakery style
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1.5 cups onion finely chopped
- 1 long green chilli finely chopped
- 1/4 cup capsicum finely chopped
- 1 no carrots grated
- 1 cup tomato finely chopped
- salt to taste
- 1/8 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 6-8 sandwich bread slices
- heat oil and crackle cumin seeds. fry onion, green chilli and capsicum for a minute.
- add grated carrots and fry for a minute.
- further ad chopped tomato, turmeric powder, salt, chilli powder, garam masala, cumin powder and mix well. fry till tomatoes are mushy.
- finally add chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
- melt butter in another pan and toast the bread slice on both sides.
- apply the veg mixture all over evenly and cut diagonally into triangle.
- serve fresh.
how to make Iyengar bakery masala bread toast:
1.heat oil in a pan and crackle cumin seeds. add chopped onions and chopped green chilli.
2. also add chopped capsicum and fry for a minute.
3. further add grated carrots and mix well.
4. further add chopped tomatoes, salt needed for the vegetables.
6. furthermore add all the spices needed: turmeric powder, chilli powder, garam masala and cumin powder.
mix well and fry till raw smell leaves.
7. add chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
8. close and cook for 5-10 minutes in simmer so that vegetables are well cooked. open and mix once.
9. melt the butter in a pan and spread all over.
10. place the bread over the pan and turn sides to toast the bread on both sides.
11. place it over the work table and spread the vegetable mix over it.
12. spread it evenly all over and cut it diagonally to triangles. serve hot with sauce!
delicious Masala toast recipe Iyengar bakery style is ready to be served!