Crispy Potato Fry recipe | Simple and Tasty Aloo Fry | Urulai Kizhangu Varuval
Crispy potato poriyal recipe
Video recipe: https://youtu.be/2QlhMCYn_RU
The very common potato poriyal which is made as a side dish for rice is this variation, pretty simple and crispy spicy poriyal that goes best with curd rice and rasam rice and any variety of rice dishes.
Cooking on a low flame for 15-20 minutes gives a nice crispy roasted potato.
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Chana dal – 1.5 tsp
- Urad dal – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Garlic cloves – 3 crushed
- Potatoes – 4 nos, deskinned and chopped finely
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Chilli powder – 1.5 tsp
- Heat oil in a kadai and splutter mustard seeds.
- When it crackles, add chana dal, urad dal, curry leaves and crushed garlic.
- Fry until the dal changes its color slightly
- At this stage, add chopped potatoes, salt, turmeric powder and chilli powder.
- Cook on a medium-low heat without adding water.
- Stir in between and cook until well roasted.