Pineapple semiya recipe | pineapple vermicelli
pineapple semiya recipe
- 6 tsp ghee
- 2 tbsp cashews
- 1/2 cup vermicelli
- 3/4 cup pineapple chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 pinch cardamom powder optional
- Heat ghee in a pan and fry cashews until brown and take it in a bowl. Keep it aside until use.
- further add vermicelli to the same pan and roast in on a medium flame until slightly brown. take it out another pan and keep it aside until use.
- Add chopped pineapple pieces to the pan and fry for a minute.
- add roasted vermicelli to the pineapple pieces along with water.
- close and cook on a low heat until pineapple and vermicelli is cooked and is soft.
- Open and mix once. add sugar to taste. adjust sugar according to the sweetness of the pineapple.
- cook until sugar melts and combines with vermicelli
- lastly, drizzle a tsp ghee and add fried cashews
- mix well and cook until combined and the dessert comes out of the pan non sticky and easy leaving out ghee.