Pepper vegetable Kurma
Pepper flavored Vegetable Kurma
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time50 mins
Servings: 4 Servings
- 2 medium sized carrots - finely chopped
- 5-6 long beans - finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cauliflower florets
- 2 medium sized potatoes - finely chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut grated
- 1/2 inch cinnamon
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tbsp peppercorns
- 2-3 nos cloves
- 2 tbsp fried gram dal
- 1 1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 2-3 dry redchillies
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 large onions - sliced
- 2 small-medium sized tomatoes - finely chopped
- 1 tsp pepper powder - optional as per your spice level
Chop carrots,Beans, cauliflower and potato into small cubes. Any vegetable of your choice. I have chosen these carrots, Beans, Cauliflower and potato.
Grind together Coconut grated, Cinnamon, Fennel seeds, Peppercorns, Cloves, Fried Gram dal, ginger garlic paste, red chilies, turmeric powder and coriander powder to a fine paste.
Heat oil in a cooker, splutter mustard seeds, saute sliced onions until brown.
Saute chopped tomatoes followed by all chopped vegetables. saute for a couple of minutes.
Put in the ground masala, Mix well. Add salt and pepper/chilli powder (adjust spice level according to your taste). Add water for the vegetables to get cooked.
Cook it for 3-4 whistles until vegetables are done. Open and smash it.