Khoya recipe – Low fat khoya/mawa recipe – Step by Step Video and pictorial recipe on how to make this Milk based recipe out of Skimmed milk. Preferably a Low fat Khoya/Mawa which can be used in preparing a range of sweets and desserts.
Not only for Sweets, this can be used in many curries and koftas. Also for stuffed rotis.
Skimmed Milk/ Low fat Milk is used and cooked in simmer to thicken it to a solid consistency. IT is a very long process but simple one. Home made Khoya is the best option for the sweet recipes as it does not have any adulterant and is pure. Only thing is you need to have little bit of patience. 🙂
Khoya recipe – Low fat khoya/mawa Video recipe:
Khoya recipe – Low fat khoya/mawa recipe:
- 1 Litre Skimmed Milk
- 1 tbsp Corn flour
- Boil 1 Ltr Milk in a thick bottomed pan preferably non stick.
- When it starts to boil, completely simmer to the lowest flame possible
- Keep stirring every 5 minutes to mix the cream that forms on the top layer.
- When it reduces to less than 1/2 in volume, Add a little bit of corn flour. Adding corn flour is optional. Since Skimmed milk is used, I have added corn flour to thicken.
- It reduces and thickens at last. Keep stirring until all the liquid in it evaporates and it gets to a thick ball like consistency and leaves the sides of pan.
- Put off, cool down and store it in air tight container and refrigerate until next use.