Poondu milagu kulambu Ingredients:
Tomatoes optional – 1 no
Tamarind – lemon sized soaked in 2 cups hot water
1/4 tsp Mustard seeds
1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
a pinch Asafoetida
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Red chilli – 2 nos
Peppercorns – 2 tsp
Fenugreek seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Roast all the ingredients with little oil until aroma arises
- Grind it to a fine paste and keep it ready.
- Heat oil, splutter mustard seeds, fry garlic cloves, tomatoes until garlic turns soft and cooked.
- Add turmeric powder and asafoetida.
- To this mixture, add the tamarind water and let it boil for 2 min..
- after which the ground mixture has to be added.
- Mix well add salt , water and give it a boil until gravy thickens.
Yummy yummy poondu milagu kulambu is ready . .