Veg paratha recipe | mixed vegetable chapathi recipe with step by step photos and video recipe. healthy and tasty vegetable parantha that is very much suitable and preferred for lunch box recipes.
the combination of vegetables used in this paratha is up to your choice, I suggest adding the vegetables that family dont like to eat. so that its hidden and healthy as well. I have used cabbages, cauliflower, carrots, sweet pumpkin, peas and potatoes.
You can also add broccoli, beans, tapioca and many other vegetables of your choice. this chapathi is very soft and medium thick. so that it stays good till lunch and also is attractive for kids.
I make these often and love to have it as such without any side dish as its very tasty with necessary spices. you can make masala curd just by adding chilli powder, cumin powder, salt and chaat masala to curd .
Veg paratha recipe
Veg paratha recipe
- 1/4 cup cauliflower
- 1 no carrot chopped
- 1/8 cup cabbage – chopped
- 1/8 cup sweet pumpkin
- 1 large potato – cubes
- 3 tbsp peas
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 inch ginger
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp green chilli – chopped
- 3 tbsp onion – chopped
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp kasuri methi
- 2.5 cups wheat flour
- salt to taste
- 4-5 tsp ghee
- pressure cook cauliflower, carrots, cabbages, sweet pumpkin, peas, potato, ginger, garlic and salt with enough water for 4-5 whistles.
- open and mash it well.
- heat oil in a pan and crackle cumin seeds. add green chilli, chopped onions and fry until brown.
- add the mashed vegetables, cumin powder, chilli powder, garam masala and kasuri methi. fry for 1-2 minutes.
- mix wheat flour with salt and make a pit. add the vegetable mix into it and crumble it well.
- add 2 tsp ghee and start kneading it. sprinkle water if needed.
- make a smooth soft dough. divide into big balls (7 portions)
- dust the floor and flatten each portion to a semi thick disc.
- cook it over a medium hot tawa on both sides.
- smear ghee all over and flip over and cook until you see brown spots all over.
- serve hot with dahi/pickle and onions.
mixed vegetable chapathi recipe
1.take a pressure cooker and add cauliflower, carrots, cabbages, sweet pumpkin, potatoes and peas. wash and chop them all for even and quick cooking.
2. add garlic and ginger.
3. together add turmeric powder and salt.
4. add just enough water (~1 cup) and mix well. if you add more water, then you might have to remove the stock.
5. pressure cook for 4-5 whistles and open after the pressure settles down.
6. mash it well without any big pieces.
7. heat oil and crackle cumin seeds and add green chillies, chopped onions and fry until brown.
8. add the cooked vegetables, turmeric powder, chilli powder and garam masala.
9.further add kasuri methi and fry it well for a couple of minutes. the moisture if any will be gone.
10. take wheat flour, salt and mix well. make a pit in center.
11. add the prepared vegetable masala and crumble it well.
12. add 2 tsp ghee and start kneading it to soft dough. sprinkle few drps of water if needed.
13. divide it into 7 equal balls. dust it with floor and flatten it.
14. thin it out to a disc. medium thick disc.
15. cook it over the medium hot tawa and when you see bubbles, smear ghee all over.
16. flip it over and cook on the other side. apply ghee/oil on the other side too.
keep flipping the paratha until it is evenly cooked all over.
serve hot with raita or masala dahi or pickle.