Pachai Karamani kuzhambu / yard long beans and potato curry is easy and simple recipe. best goes with dosa/idli/rotis and steamed rice as well. Mildly spiced and flavored curry. Pachai Karamani / payaru as we call it in Malayalam is mainly/majorly used only for stir fry/avial recipes. I had this in my refrigerator and wanted to plan for a side dish for chapati. So i tried it with potatoes and made like a combination of kurma and kara kuzhambu.
Pachai Karamani kuzhambu recipe:
Pachai karamani kuzhambu
to grind raw
- 1/4 cup coconut
- 2 long green chillies
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 inch cinnamon 2
- 2 tsp sambar powder/curry masal powder
- 1 cup yard long beans cut to 1/2 inch long pieces
- 1 large potato diced
- 2 medium onions finely chopped
- 1 large tomato finely chopped
- 1 tsp fennel seeds for seasoning
- Grind everything given under " to grind raw" section to a fine paste.
- heat oil in a cooker, crackle fennel seeds. saute chopped onions until it turns brown.
- Add chopped tomatoes and saute till mushy. Put in beans and potatoes along with ground masala.
- Add water and salt. cook it to 4 whistles.
Thanks for taking time to read my recipes! ?It would be great pleasure if you could drop a comment about your views. Tel us if you have tried recipes from Jinoo’s Kitchen. Let us know how the dish turned out for you! Like, Share and spread a word if you like the recipes!