Jalfrezi is hot indo chinese food. Jal meaning hot in bengali. It is usually cooked by marinating meat/vegetables with spices and frying in oil until saucy texture, semi gravy type. This one is with Capsicum and dry fruits. Rich and creamy gravy for chapathi/naan or puris.
Chatpata Capsicum Dry Fruits Jalfrezi
Servings: 2 People
- 1 no Capsicum sliced vertically into thin pieces
- 1/4 cup dry fruits cashew,almond,pista & walnuts roughly ground
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 2 no green chillies deseeded and slit vertically
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 no Onion Big sized or 2 medium roughly chopped
- 1 no Tomato roughly chopped
- 1 inch Ginger
- 2 pods garlic
Grind everything given under to grind section
Take the dry fruits of your choice and give it a quick pulse to roughly grind them.
Mix ground paste,capsicum, dry fruits and rest of ingredients including salt and little oil. set it aside for 5 minutes.
Heat oil, Fry the marinated mixture in oil until saucy and raw smell goes off. ( oil will leave at the sides)
Add water if necessary.
Jalfrezi can be made with Paneer, Potatoes or mushrooms also.