Dangar chutney recipe | chettinad korada recipe with step by step photos and video recipe. This is very simple, spicy, easy chutney variety popular in chettinad cuisine especially for the Vellappam/idiyappam.
I found this side dish suitable for idli/dosa/chapathi especially for the wheat rava dosa. This chettinad Korada is very similar to the onion baji without tomatoes. But this has a unique flavour of spice, tanginess and sweet tinge in it.
The red chillies used in this recipes are generally de-seeded and broken into half. adjust the nos according to your spiciness.
you should check out the chutney recipes collection here if your interested in.
Dangar chutney recipe
dangar chutney recipe
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 6-8 no red chillies – broken and de-seeded
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 cup small onions – sliced
- salt to taste
- 1/8 cup tamarind water
- 1/8 cup water
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp jaggery powder
- heat oil and crackle mustard seeds.
- Add red chillies, curry leaves, crushed garlic and fry for a minute.
- slice the small onions into three and measure 1 cup of it. Add the small onions to the pan and fry until transparent.
- add salt, turmeric powder, tamarind water, water and mix well.
- close and cook in simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- open and add jaggery. mix well. fry for a couple of minutes.
- serve fresh with tiffin of your choice.
How to make Chettinad Korada
1.Heat oil in a pan preferably thick bottomed and crackle mustard seeds. Further add de-seeded and broken red chillies and curry leaves.
2.Crush the garlic and add them along. Fry for a couple of minutes.
3. Thinly slice the small onions and drop them into the pan. fry until transparent.
4. season with salt and tamarind water/extract.
5. Further add little water(1/8 cup) and turmeric powder. We need to cook it on a low flame for a longer time. So add the water accordingly.
6. Mix well, close and cook in simmer for about 20-25 minutes.
7. Open and check the seasoning once. Add jaggery to taste.
8. Mix well. Fry for a minute or two until jaggery dissolves and is well blended. mash the onions with ladle while you fry.
Serve the Dangar chutney fresh with the tiffin of your choice.