Egg Malai Curry recipe | Egg Malai Masala | Anda Malai Curry
egg malai recipe
base masala: to grind
- 1 no onion chopped roughly
- 1 no green chilli
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 inch ginger
for the curry
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/8 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/8 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 3/4 tsp pepper powder
- 1 handful chopped coriander leaves
- 1 cup mawa/khoya
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- 1/8 cup fresh cream
- 3 large eggs boiled and sliced to half
- firstly, grind everything given under "to grind" section to a fine paste
- melt butter and add oil. When it gets heated up, add the paste prepared in step 1.
- cook the masala until brown. cook in low-medium heat stirring continuously.
- When the onion masala turns brown, add turmeric powder, chilli powder, cumin powder, garam masala, pepper powder and coriander leaves.
- Fry the mixture until oil leaves
- Add mawa/khoya to the pan, stir until it melts and combines together.
- add salt, mix once. further add water to thin the curry and let it come to a boil.
- When it is boiling, add fresh cream, mix and heat it again.
- place the boiled and sliced eggs into the curry
- gently pour the curry on top of the eggs, close and cook for 5 minutes.
- Open and transfer to the serving bowl. garnish with fresh cream and serve hot with roti.