Egg roast recipe | spicy egg roast dry | egg roast without tomato with detailed step by step photos and video recipe. easy, quick and simple egg roast which is spicy and made without tomatoes. pepper flavored egg curry made in the Kerala style also known as Mutta roast recipe Kerala style.
Always when boiling eggs, boil it in a pan with salt and more than enough water in medium flame for 10 minutes. this way,
- Eggs do not break
- Eggs taste better with salt infused inside
some of the egg recipes:
- egg fried rice,
- egg roll/omelette roll,
- egg shakshuka,
- egg kabab
- egg drop curry
- Egg roast masala | Kerala style Egg Curry without coconut milk
Quick video of egg roast recipe:
the below photo was taken in august 2014 🙂 and am updating the post with the latest photos and videos. I wonder posts with such photos exists and I have to find it all and replace them
spicy egg roast dry step by step description:
- firstly, lets roast the eggs separately in coconut oil and keep it ready. heat oil in a pan, add boiled eggs, turmeric powder and chilli powder.
- roast on all sides until slightly brown. do not over cook as the skin tends to become hard and rubbery. slightly roast them and take it in a plate or bowl and keep it aside until use.
- In the same oil, add cumin seeds, curry leaves, sliced onions and salt for the onions to get fried.
- fry the onions for half a minute and then add green chillies. You can either chop the green chillies very finely or slit them. fry until onions turn brown.
- put the roasted eggs into the pan
- Meanwhile freshly grind the peppercorns coarsely. It is very important to use only fresh pepper powder for best results.
- Add the pepper powder to the pan and mix well.
- fry for a couple of minutes until spices blend well with eggs. and serve with rice or roti as side dish.
egg roast recipe | spicy egg roast dry recipe card:
egg roast recipe | spicy egg roast dry | egg roast without tomato
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 large eggs - boiled
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli - powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 spring curry leaves
- 1 large onion - thinly sliced
- salt to taste
- 1 no green chilli - slit
- 2 tbsp pepper powder
- heat oil in a pan and roast the boiled eggs with turmeric powder an dchilli powder.
- take it in a bowl and keep it aside until use.
- IN same oil, crackle cumin seeds and add curry leaves, onions and fry for half a minute. add salt for frying
- add green chilli and fry till onion is brown
- now add roasted eggs, freshly ground pepper powder and fry for a minute.
- serve hot with rice or roti.