Roasted garlic onion chutney | Spicy garlic chutney recipe with step by step photos and video recipe. simple onion chilli chutney with the flavor of roasted garlic in it. Onion, tamarind and chilli is ground to fine paste and added to the seasoned oil along with roasted garlic. Find here quick video on making in this chutney.
Another way of making this chutney is by grinding the roasted garlic along with the onion, chilli and tamarind. But i prefer this version as the roasted garlic as such gives some extra kick to the chutney. best, quick and easy chutney that can be prepared for dosa and idli.
Before i get to the recipe, there are more than 35 everyday easy chutney recipes that you might be interested in, check them out.
Roasted garlic onion chutney quick video:
Roasted garlic onion chutney | Spicy garlic chutney recipe step by step pictures:
- Grind together shallots(small onions), tamarind and red chilies to a fine paste. Adjust red chillies based on your spice level.
- Heat coconut oil, crackle mustard seeds and split urad dal.
- To this, add the chopped garlic and fry in medium heat until it turns brown.
- pour the ground chutney into this, season with salt as required and mix well. fry for half a minute until raw smell of onions go off. serve with dosa/idli.
Roasted garlic onion chutney | Spicy garlic chutney recipe card:
Roasted garlic onion chutney | Spicy garlic chutney recipe
- 15-16 small small onions/shallots
- 3-4 dry red chillies
- 1/2 tsp tamarind
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 3/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp urad dal
- 1/8 cup garlic - chopped finely
- salt to taste
- grind together shallots, red chillies and tamarind to fine paste and keep it aside.
- heat coconut oil, crackle mustard seeds and add urad dal split.
- finely chop the garlic cloves and add it to the pan.
- fry till the garlic is brown
- add the chutney to the fried garlic. season with salt as required and mix well
- fry until raw smell of onion goes off. fry in simmer for half a minute approximately.
- serve with idli/dosa.