Egg kabab a.k.a Dinosaur eggs is an egg stuffed potato croquettes. I saw a cookery tv show where chef Ranveer cooked dinosaur eggs. Gigantic egg fry so we call it dinosaur eggs nothing else. ? since then i wanted to try it at home and i got the right time today.
I have made few changes to the recipe according to our tastes. I dont want the hard boiled eggs bland inside my kabab. So i ve roasted it before using it as stuffing.
Pictorial directions for egg kabab / Dinosaur eggs:
Boil potatoes, peel and smash them well. Hard Boil eggs, peel the shell and keep it ready.
Heat oil, saute finely chopped onions until brown. Put in smashed potatoes, chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, salt and cumin powder. Add chopped coriander leaves. Mix well. Set it aside to cool.
Slit the eggs into two halves and roast them in little oil. Sprinkle turmeric, chilli powder and salt. Roast it on both the sides.
Take two eggs,break and whisk them in a shallow bowl. This is for the egg wash. Take a plate, pour in the bread crumbs. I have used fresh bread as such. Take 4 to 5 slices bread and give it a pulse in mixer. This is for our outer coating.
Once potato is cooled down. Take a handful of potato mixture and tap it to spread evenly. place the fried egg on top and cover it to look like dinosaur egg shape.
Dip them in bowl with beaten eggs and gently roll them. Put in onto the plate with bread crumbs and roll them well until coated on all sides.
Heat oil, deep fry the pieces one by one until golden brown on all the sides. Take it onto a paper towel and tap dry. Serve hot with tomato ketchup.
Egg kabab / Dinosaur egg recipe:
Egg kabab / Dinosaur eggs
- 3 Large Potatoes - Cooked and mashed
- 1 Medium sized Onion - Finely chopped
- 1/4 Tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 Tsp Coriander powder
- 1 Tsp Chilli powder
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin powder
- Salt - As required
- 3 Large Eggs - Hard boiled and peeled
- 1/8 Tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/4 Tsp Chilli powder
- 1/8 Tsp Salt
- 2 Large Eggs
- 4-5 Slices Bread - Or rusk powder 1 cup
- Heat oil, fry chopped onions until brown, drop in mashed potatoes. Add salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder, chilli powder and cumin powder. Mix well and fry for a min. Let it cool down
- Slit boiled eggs into two and roast them. Add salt, turmeric powder and chilli powder.
- Prepare for egg wash: beat 2 eggs in a shallow bowl.
- Take 4 to 5 bread slices and give it a pulse in blender. Take it in a plate.
- Take a handful potato mixture, flatten it and place egg in centre. Cover it gently to an egg shape.
- Dip in egg and roll it in bread crumbs. Deep fry them in hot oil. Keep rolling until golden brown on all sides.
Thanks for taking time to read my recipes! ?It would be great pleasure if you could drop a comment about your views. Tel us if you have tried recipes from Jinoo’s Kitchen. Let us know how the dish turned out for you! Like, Share and spread a word of love if you like the recipes!