Egg Shakshuka Indian style – Egg Shakshuka is a semi dry curry where eggs are poached in a onion- tomato medium spiced base. Generally throwing up a colorful, slightly tangy side dish.
Having its origin in North Africa, this dish is a simple and flavorful curry for any bread varieties. This is very common recipe in Israel.
I have given here the fusion of it to be had for the Indian bread varieties.
This dish is better when served in a skillet direct from the stove with the eggs poached. But i have sauteed the cooked eggs as it was planned for rotis.
Egg Shakshuka Indian style pictorial recipe:
Heat oil, Saute finely chopped onions until its is transparent/pink. (I have used shallots in this recipe, You can use either Onions/shallots)
Add to it, ginger garlic paste and saute till raw flavour is gone.
Put in finely chopped tomatoes
and saute again till mushy.
Add Turmeric powder, chilli powder, Coriander powder, Garam masala and salt to taste.
Saute till its well blended and oil oozes out.
Drop in the eggs.
close and cook in simmer for 8-10 min until the eggs are completely cooked. Eggs are cooked. Prick with a fork to check
Scramble them (optional) and serve hot with Rotis!
Egg Shakshuka Indian style recipe:
Egg Shakshuka Indian style
- 3/4 cup chopped onions
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tbsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 4 large eggs
- salt to taste
- heat oil, saute onions till transparent
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute in medium flame until raw smell goes off.
- Put in chopped tomatoes and cook till it is mushy
- Add turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala, salt to taste
- Mix well and cook again until oil oozes out the sides of pan
- Drop eggs leaving space inbetween
- cook in simmer closed until eggs are cooked.
- fluff it up and serve hot with roti