Palak Paneer recipe | palak paneer recipe video with step by step pictorial description and quick video recipe. This is very simple and very commonly preferred recipe of cooking paneer in spinach base.
This recipe of palak paneer was adopted from my mom and the flavor and taste is perfect. Also the Bright green color is retained without much effort. Quick curry that can be prepared for lunchbox with rotis.
- The water used for cooking palak leaves need not be discarded. It can be used in the gravy for thinning it out.
- sugar added while cooking spinach is to retain its bright green color.
other spinach recipes for rice and chapathi:
- muhsroom spinach curry,
- spinach curry for rice
- Cheera Moloshyam | Mulakushyam ( Spinach Dal Coconut Curry)
- Palak Keerai Masiyal/ spiced and pureed spinach
- Cheera mutta upperi ~ Red spinach & Egg stir fry
- Palak Kozhukattai
- Mulai Keerai Poondu Kootu ~ Amaranthus and Garlic lentils curry
Palak Paneer recipe | palak paneer recipe video:
palak paneer video
recipe of palak paneer with step by step pictorial:
- Firstly, to cook the spinach, boil water in a wide pan, add garlic, ginger, green chilli to it.
- further to the above, add roughly chopped tomato, spinach, salt and mix well. cook until it gets wilted. i.e., until it gets softened. takes only 2-3 minutes.
- strain the spinach along with ginger garlic and tomato. cool it down completely and grind it to a paste
- Heat oil in a pan, crackle cumin seeds, bay leaf and let the aroma come out of it.
- very finely chop onions and add it to the pan. fry until it gets transparent.
- now, add all the spice powder: turmeric powder, coriander powder, chilli powder, garam masala, cumin powder and also add curd along with it. mix well and fry for a minute until masalas are cooked.
- Add the spinach puree to the pan and mix well.
- Chopped paneer cubes, salt and sugar is added along with the curry. finally, fresh cream is also added.
- Mix well and just let it heat up for 5 minutes in low flame. dont boil it for more than 5 minutes.
Palak Paneer recipe
- 2 tbsp garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp ginger
- 2 no green chilli
- 1 large tomato roughly chopped
- 200-250 gms spinach/palak
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 no bay leaf
- 2 medium onion finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 3 tbsp curd
- 1/2 cup paneer cubes
- salt to taste
- sugar a pinch
- 2 tbsp fresh cream
In a wide pan, boil water and add spainch, ginger, garlic, green chilli, tomato, sugar and mix well. switch off and let it sit for 5 minutes until it softens.
strain and let it cool. grind to a fine paste.
heat oil, crackle cumin seeds and add bay leaf to it.
add very finely chopped onions and fry till it gets transparent.
further, add turmeric pwoder, chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala, cumin powder and curd. mix well and fry for a minute.
add the spinach puree and mix well.
add salt, sugar, fresh cream and mix well. let it boil/get heated for 5 minutes on low flame.
serve hot with rotis.