Little Millet Kozhukattai recipe | Samai kozhukattai
Little Millet Kozhukattai recipe | Samai kozhukattai – Little millet recipes for breakfast that is not only healthy but also easy to make. Find here kara kozhukattai recipe with step by step photos and video recipe.
As per Doctors advise, one of the huge changes we bought into our diet especially My H’s Diet is to remove off white rice and to include millets. Trust me I could see in live how much changes it brings in our health and medical results.
One of the replacement is samai and this samai kozhukattai is just like rice kozhukattai and makes no difference in taste. You can go ahead and try this. I have soaked it and ground to coarse paste. Else it will be very crumbly and difficult to eat.
The hesistation to use millets was one reason that I thought we should be compromising on the taste. So i wanted to explore maximum possibilities to bring out tastier dishes so that it can be adapted everyday!
Little Millet Kozhukattai recipe
Samai Kozhukattai recipe
- 1 cup samai / Little millet
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp urad dal split
- 1/2 tsp chana dal
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 2-3 no red chilli broken
- 1 no onion chopped
- 2 cups water
- salt to taste
- wash and Soak the millet in enough water for 1 hour.
- Drain the water and grind it to a coarse paste.
- Heat coconut oil and crackle mustard seeds, urad dal, chana dal, red chillies, curry leaves and fry for few seconds.
- Further, add chopped onions and fry until pale.
- At this stage, add 2 cups water, salt to taste and let it come to a boil.
- When the water is boiling, add the coarse millet paste and mix well until lump free.
- Close and let it cook in simmer for 10-15 minutes Or until all the water is used up.
- Open and mix until it combines together.
- Let the mixture get warm enough to handle.
- Grease your hands and make balls out of it.
- Grease an idli plate and place the balls over it.
- Steam cook for 10 minutes. Take out and serve hot with chutney and sambar.
Samai kozhukattai recipe
1.Wash and soak the Little Millet/Samai in water for 1 hour.
2. Drain the water completely and grind the wet millet to a coarse paste.
3. Heat coconut oil in a pan and crackle mustard seeds, urad dal split, chana dal, curry leaves and red chilli. Mix well for few seconds.
4. Add finely chopped onions and fry till pale.
5. At this stage, add water, salt and let it come to a boil. Water ratio is 1:2 i.e., For one cup millet, Add 2 cups water.
6. When the water is boiling, Put the flame low and add the coarsely ground Millet paste. Mix well to a lump free consistency.
7. Close and cook for at least 10-15 minutes in simmer/medium heat or until all the water is used up and millet is cooked. open and Keep stiffing until it combines together. It took me at least 3-5 minutes stirring to get to the final stage.
8. Let it get warm. When the heat is bearable to handle, grease your hands and make firm balls.
9. Grease an idli plate and place the balls over it. Steam cook in idli pot for 10 minutes in medium heat.
Serve it hot with red chilli chutney and sambar.