watermelon sabzi recipe /Watermelon curry – Watermelon in spicy and tangy vegetable gravy
Watermelon sabzi recipe : Pictorial directions:
watermelon sabzi recipe
- Watermelon cut into cubes 1 cup
- Onion 2 no chopped finely
- Tomato 1 no chopped finely
- Ginger garlic paste
- Fennel seeds 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder
- Corriander powder 1 tbsp
- Chilli powder 1 tbsp
- Cumin powder 1 tsp
- Garam masala 1/2 tbsp
- Carrot 1 no diced
- Beans 2 - 3 nos chopped
- Capsicum 1/ 4 diced
- Spring onion finely choppped 2 tbsp
- Green chilli 2 nos
- Kasuri methi 1 tsp
- Heat oil and ghee, pop in fennel seeds.
- Add chopped onions and saute well until it turns brown
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute until raw smell goes off
- Add choped tomatoes and saute until it is mushy.
- Now add masalas ..turmeric,chilli,corriander, cumin and garam masala powder.
- Saute well until it leaves out oil. Sprinkle water if required.
- At this stage, add chopped vegetables including spring onion. Watermelon to be added at last.
- Mix well add water and salt required and let the vegetables cook.
- Finally add watermelon, make slits in green chilli and add them and also sprinlle kasuri methi. Mix well and give it a boil.
- Serve hot with chappathi.