Unlike the normal potato stew, this is a slightly different one. Moilee is a popular dish of Kerala having an Indo-Portuguese touch in it. Also popular in Malaysia and even in Srilanka.
Paneer moilee recipe
Quick video recipe
Recipe with step by step pics
To Make the paneer moilee recipe, firstly, heat coconut oil in a pan and crackle mustard seeds. Once the mustard seeds crackle, add sliced and diced onions, curry leaves, green chilli slit and fry until soft.
When the onions turn soft, add crushed ginger-garlic. You can also add chopped ginger and chopped garlic. Fry till the raw smell leaves.
Cut the paneer to cubes along with turmeric powder, salt, and pepper powder. Further, add a few drops of vinegar and mix everything together. Do not overmix and break the paneer cubes.
Add thin coconut milk ; that is the second and third extract coconut milk to be added. When it starts to boil, take rice flour in a bowl and mix few spoons of the curry with it. This step is to avoid lumps when rice flour is directly added to the curry.
Add the rice flour paste back into the curry and mix well. cook until it gets to a saucy consistency.
Put off the flame and then add thick coconut milk. Generally, the heat in the curry is well enough for the thick coconut milk to get heated up. cooking further will curdle it and spoil the texture of the curry. serve it hot and fresh.
Paneer moilee recipe
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 no green chilli slit
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 1/4 tsp ginger garlic crushed
- 1.5 cups paneer cubes
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper powder
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp vinegar
- 1.25 cups thin coconut milk
- 1.5 tbsp rice flour
- 3/4 cup thick coconut milk
- Heat coconut oil in a pan and crackle mustard seeds.
- Fry the sliced onions, green chillies, and curry leaves just until soft.
- Further, add Ginger garlic paste and fry until the raw smell leaves.
- To this, add paneer cubes, turmeric, pepper, salt, and vinegar. Mix well until combined.
- Pour the freshly prepared thin coconut milk or the second extract and let it boil.
- Take the rice flour in a bowl and mix it with the curry from the pan. pour it back into the pan.
- When it starts to thicken. put off and add thick coconut milk. mix once and serve fresh.