Mushroom stew recipe | Mushroom potato stew, Ishtu recipe
Mushroom stew recipe | Mushroom potato stew, Ishtu recipe with step by step photos and video recipe. A simple, easy and quick side dish that can be prepared with mushrooms for idiyappam, idli or dosa.
I already had posted the potato stew recipe and vegetable stew recipe with tips to get the perfect smooth texture of stew without curdling.
The other variations of stew that i generally make is Mushroom and chicken stew. Chicken stew for idlis is a great combination. Mushroom stew is similar to it but just that the cooking time and method differs.
Other Mushroom recipes that you might be interested in: Mushroom mappas, mushroom kulambu
Mushroom stew recipe
Mushroom stew recipe
- 1.5 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 inch cinnamon
- 2 no cloves
- 1 no cardamom
- 200 gms mushrooms sliced
- 2 medium potatoes sliced
- 2 medium onion sliced
- 2 no green chilli slit
- 2 inch ginger chopped finely
- salt to taste
- 2 cups thin coconut milk/third extract
- 2 sprig curry leaves
- 3/4 cup thick coconut milk
- Heat oil and add cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, and mushrooms. Fry until it leaves out water.
- Further add potatoes, onions, green chillies, ginger, salt and mix well.
- Pour the thin coconut milk extract and mix once. Let the vegetable cook.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, mash it slightly.
- Switch off the flame and add curry leaves and thick coconut milk.
- Mix quickly and serve hot and fresh.
How to make mushroom stew recipe
1.Heat coconut oil in a pan and add cinnamon, cloves and cardamom. To this, add clean and sliced mushrooms. Fry till it starts leaving out water.
2. Further add chopped potatoes, sliced onions, sliced green chillies, chopped ginger and very thin coconut milk. You can also use water to cook the vegetable but coconut milk makes its taste to vegetables.
3. Once vegetables are cooked. mash them slightly. Switch off flame. Add fresh curry leaves.
4. Thick coconut milk is added and mixed. Need not boil after adding thick coconut milk, The heat in the stew is more than enough for the coconut milk to get heated. if you heat, it may curdle.
Serve it fresh with idiyappam, idli or dosa.