Mushroom pepper fry recipe | Pepper mushroom manchurian recipe with step by step photos and video recipe. Mushroom is well known starter and second most favorite to paneer when it comes to starters. mushroom starter recipes are very common in restaurants.
this pepper mushroom fry is very much needed especially for winter season. easy to make and restaurant style kalan manchurian pepper flavored.
some of the mushroom recipes:
- Mushroom Biryani recipe
- Garlic Mushroom recipe
- Kadai Mushroom
- Dindigul Mushroom Biryani
- Chilli Mushroom dry ~ Mushroom 65
- Methi Mushroom Malai
quick video recipe of the mushroom pepper fry recipe:
step by step making of the mushroom pepper fry recipe:
take a mixing bowl and add corn flour, gram flout, turmeric powder, pepper powder, ginger garlic paste, garam masala and salt to it.
mix well and add water little at a time to make a thick paste. approximately 1/4-1/2 cup of water is used.
keep the mushrooms cleaned and sliced before hand. remove the skin of mushrooms, cur into 4 pieces. add it to the batter. mix well.
take out the mushrooms and deep fry in hot oil until crisp and oil sizzle stops.
heat oil in a pan and add cinnamon stick, garlic cloves, green chillies and curry leaves. fry for half a minute.
add finely chopped onions and fry till transparent. a slight crunch has to be there in final dish, so dont brown the onions.
take 1/2 of a large tomato and chop them finely. add chopped tomatoes and salt to taste. fry for a minute.
to this, furthermore add soya sauce, pepper powder, little bit of water and mix well. dont add too much water because when we add fried mushrooms in next step, it will turn soft and soggy then. Just sprinkle very little water to reduce the sharpness of the soya sauce and let it blend with onion and tomato.
fry for a minute or until water is dried up and then add fried mushrooms to it.
mix well and add pepper powder(if needed) based on your spice level.
serve super hot!
Mushroom pepper fry recipe
for the batter
- 1/4 cup corn flour
- 1/4 cup gram flour
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp pepper powder
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 200 gms mushrooms
- oil for deep frying
- 1 inch cinnamon
- 10-11 cloves garlic
- 2 no green chilli slit
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato chopped
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp soya sauce
- 2 tbsp pepper powder
- 2 tbsp water
- take all the ingredients required for the batter in a mixing bowl and mix well
- add water little at a time and make a thick paste of it. add sliced mushrooms and mix well
- deep fry in hot oil until crisp and keep it aside until use.
- heat 1 tbsp of oil in a pan and add cinnamon, garlic, green chillies, curry leaves and fry for half a minute.
- further add chopped onions and fry until transparent
- add chopped tomatoes, salt and fry for a minute.
- furthermore, add soya sauce, pepper powder, water and mix well. fry until it is dry.
- lastly, add fried mushrooms and mix well and fry for a minute. serve hot!
- I have used freshly crushed ginger garlic which adds up to the taste. you can also add ginger garlic paste instead
- I have used whole garlic cloves. you can finely chop them if you dont like it whole.
- you can add rice powder while making batter for mushroom to make it more crispy.
- You can also add a pinch of sugar and vinegar to it lastly.