Kadai Mushroom recipe – kadai mushroom gravy recipe with step by step photos and video recipe. Detailed recipe with step wise description and pictures.
this easy kadai mushroom recipe or Kadai Mushroom masala is one of the very common north Indian curry available in any restaurants. It is very much preferred veg curry next to paneer butter masala/kadai paneer.
kadai mushroom recipe has a simple method to attain the kadai mushroom gravy restaurant style / kadai mushroom dhaba style at home. It is best option for chapathi, roti or any other Indian bread varieties.
Before I get into the mushroom kadai recipe, here are some of the other mushroom recipes like mushroom pepper fry, Dindigul Mushroom Biryani, ..mushroom biryani, mushroom chops, chilli mushroom, mushroom palak curry, peppery mushrooms, mushroom mezhukkupuratti, methi mushroom malai, mushroom do pyaza, etc.,
Check out our youtube channel for more interesting video recipes
kadai mushroom gravy recipe video:
Recipe for kadai mushroom:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup capsicum - diced
- 1 packet button mushrooms - sliced
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 no bay leaf
- 1 large onion - finely chopped
- 1.5 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/8 cup curd
- 1 tsp sugar
- salt to taste
- 1-2 cups water
- 1 tsp kasuri methi - crushed
- Melt butter+oil in a pan and fry capsicum, sliced mushrooms until mushroom shrinks. take it out to a plate or bowl and keep it aside until use.
- Again, in the same pan, add some more oil, crackle cumin seeds and add bay leaf, finely chopped onions and fry until the onions turn brown
- to the brown onions, add the ginger garlic paste and fry this until the raw smell of ginger and garlic goes off.
- Add the tomato puree and Fry the tomatoes well until the oil leaves out the sides.
- Add all the spice powders - turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, kashmiri chilli powder, cumin powder, garam masala and curd. Mix well until it is well combined with the base
- furthermore, add the fried mushrooms and capsicums along with that little water it has let out
- sprinkle little bit of sugar to the curry. add salt, water, crushed kasuri methi ,mix well and Close and cook the curry for 15 -20 min in medium flame until the oil leaves out the sides
- open and mix again. serve hot with rotis.
How to make kadai mushroom with description and Step wise photos:
First step is to saute the vegetables in butter. As we are using mushrooms and capsicum, lets first get it sauteed. So, firstly, Melt butter in a pan.
add oil to it. oil is added so that the butter does not burn.
put in the capsicum to the melted butter
Next, add the cleaned and sliced mushrooms to it
Fry for 2 minutes in medium flame
When mushrooms start leaving out oil and the shrinks a little, take it out to a plate or bowl.
keep it aside until we use it in curry
Again, in the same pan, add some more oil
crackle cumin seeds and add bay leaf broken in the heated oil
add finely chopped onions
fry until the onions turn brown
to the brown onions, add the ginger garlic paste
fry this until the raw smell of ginger and garlic goes off.
Further to the onion, ginger garlic add the tomato puree. just grind the tomatoes to fine puree and add it. need not Blanche it.
Fry the tomatoes well until the oil leaves out the sides.
Fried tomatoes should be looking like this. Fry in medium heat patiently until you get to this consistency.
Add all the spice powders – turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, kashmiri chilli powder, cumin powder, garam masala and curd.
Mix well until it is well combined with the base
furthermore, add the fried mushrooms and capsicums along with that little water it has let out
sprinkle little bit of sugar to the curry
Next is the salt, adjust it to your taste
1 cup water is added so that we can bring it to a boil.
crushed kasuri methi is added to this
mix well and Close and cook the curry in medium flame until the oil leaves out the sides
After 15-20 minutes open it, check in between for the water and do not let it scorch to the bottom of the pan.
consistency and texture should be looking like this.
Ofcourse, in restaurants, they may add red food colour to bring that bright red colour but I have not added it. It tastes excellent just like the dhaba curry. serve hot with rotis and enjoy!