I love having malai gravy for its rich creamy less spicy and mouthwatering taste and aroma it has.
Methi Mushroom Malai
- 1 packet Mushroom - chopped
- 2 nos onions - roughly chopped
- 3 pods garlic
- 1 inch ginger
- 3 nos green chillies
- 1/2 cup cashew - soaked in water
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp chilly powder
- 1 tsp garam Masala
- 2 tsp corriander powder
- 1 no green cardamom
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp methi leaves - finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh cream
- 2 tbsp Milk
- Grind onions, ginger, garlic and green chillies to a fine paste
- Heat butter and oil, add the ground masala and saute until raw smell goes off
- Now add chopped mushrooms and methi, saute well in simmer. Add little water if masala starts to burn.
- Grind cashew with the water to a fine paste. When mushrooms are cooked, add cashew paste and all the spice powders. (turmeric, chilly powder, coriander powder, garam masala, powdered cardamom) , sugar and salt
- Add little water and give it a boil. Now add fresh cream and milk. Mix well and serve hot with rotis.