In many of our homes, adai is the least favoured recipe as it seems to be dry and heavy. But when my mom makes adai, i just love it. She adds in shallots, grated coconut and makes adai roast with coconut chutney. ☺ yummm !!
This upma can be made with leftover batter or can be made with freshly prepared batter. Chopped Onions and grated coconut can also be added if you wish. We use coconut oil for this recipe but you can use any oil of your taste.
Adai upmaPin Recipe
- 2 cups adai batter
- 1 no Tomato
- 1 no Onion
- 1 no Red chilli
- 2 Pods garlic
- Heat oil in nonstick kadai, you will need 5 to 6 tsp oil as we are going to pour entire adai batter into kadai.
- Pour the batter and tilt the kadai and spread it all over.
- Leave this is simmer, meanwhile grind the masala given under 'to Grind' section with little salt. Grind to a smooth paste and add this to the adai batter. Mix well and keep stirring it inbetween until it turns crispy and comes to upma consistency.
- It will take longer time nearly 30 to 40 min in simmer. Keep Breaking it to pieces and stirring for every 10 minutes.
- Check for oil in between else it may get burnt.
- Once its roasted, it can be served hot.No side dish is required as it has all the masalas in it already.