Snake gourd rings recipe | Pudalangai Bajji recipe with step pics and video recipe. Simple, easy and tasty snacks recipe with snakegourd / pudalangai/ padavalanga.
Being a Low-calorie vegetable, this is one of my top must-take-vegetable once in a week. Not only to have a watch on my weight but it is highly suggested in a diabetic diet.
- snake gourd chutney
Snake gourd Rings
- 1/4 cup rice flour
- 1/4 cup gram flour
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 large eggs
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 cups snake gourd cleaned and sliced
- oil for deep frying
- Mix all the ingredients except snake gourd and oil in a mixing bowl.
- Add few tbsps of water and mix it to a thick batter.
- Drop the snake gourd rings to the batter and mix gently adding a tsp of oil.
- heat oil in a kadai for deep frying.
- Drop the snake gourd rings one at a time and deep fry on both sides until brown.
- strain it to a paper towel and serve it hot!
Step pics of Snake gourd rings recipe
1.In a wide mixing bowl, take rice flour and gram flour. Together add turmeric powder and chilli powder to the same bowl.
2. Break an egg and add ginger garlic paste to it. Lastly add salt to taste.
3. Start mixing the eggs in the center and then with the flour on the sides.
4. Drizzle few tbsps of water little at a time and make a sticky dough.
5. scrape the snake gourd outer skin a little and cut to rings of even thickness. Clean out the center portion and wash it thoroughly. Drain the water completely and add the vegetable to the mixing bowl.
6. Finally, Mix well but gently without breaking the rings. Drizzle few drops of oil and mix again.
7. Meanwhile, Heat oil in a kadai and drop the rings one by one gently. Let it cook on both sides.
8. Keep turning sides so that all the sides are evenly cooked. When it is brown and done, take out to a strainer/paper towel.
serve it hot and enjoy !