15 minutes red velvet brownie | easy and quick valentines day cake with step by step photos and video recipe – easy and quick red velvet brownie that can be prepared without buttermilk, without butter, without maida and without vinegar.
This is entirely made with wheat flour and tends to be fudgy and moistourous. If you want it more soft, add maida and wheat flour in equal proportion or replace it with maida. Usually red velvet cake includes buttermilk and vinegar but this recipe is my own and a quick version of it with the available ingredients.
I have used ramekins to bake these brownies. If you do not have it, use either oven proof mug or small 3″ cake pan. if using cake pans, grease it and use for baking.
15 minutes red velvet brownie | easy and quick valentines day cake quick video:
15 minutes red velvet brownie | easy and quick valentines day cake step wise pictorial:
- take wheat flour in a mixing bowl, add sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder to the same bowl. use granulated sugar and unsweetened cocoa powder. If you want more fluffy and soft cake, add maida/all purpose flour instead of wheat flour or a mix of wheat flour and maida half in quantity.
- add a pinch salt and Red food color. you can also add liquid food colour. To make it healthy, you can also add beetroot concentrate. In that case, you may not get bright red.
- mix well with a whisk or fork until well combined.
- Further, add the wet ingredients: vanilla essence, milk and oil. Milk is added in two parts. One to mix to a thick paste. then based on the requirement add more milk. depending on the quality and type of flour used, the milk quantity may differ slightly. that is the reason, 3/4th of milk quantity is added now and remaining after mixing well.
- Mix to a thick paste. cut through and mix like we do it for any cake batter.
- Lastly, add the remaining milk and mix again using whisk until smooth and combined. consistency should be like thick and flowy as in the picture. this texture helps in moisturous brownie. If you like it dry, make it little thick.
- Pour the batter into two pans/bowls/mugs. Fill it 3/4th as it may rise a little. top it with the white chocolate or any sprinkles of your choice.
- Bake at the preheated oven at 200 deg c for 15 minutes.
Let it cool down and become warm. serve it warm for the best taste. since it is purely wheat flour, I would suggest to have it warm and right away for best taste.
15 minutes red velvet brownie | easy and quick valentines day cake recipe card:
15 minutes red velvet brownie
- 6 tbsp wheat flour
- 6 tbsp sugar
- 4 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 gm baking powder
- 6 tbsp+2 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp red food colour
- 2 drops vanilla essence
- 1 tsp white chocolate toppings
- 1 gm salt
- preheat the oven to 200 deg cel
- take a mixing bowl and mix flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt and red food color until evenly combined.
- add vanilla essence, milk, oil and mix until thick batter
- add more milk and make it thin to the cake batter consistency
- pour in a greased pan, or mug or ramekins
- bake at 200 deg cel for 15 minutes.
- serve warm.