Aval upma recipe | Poha upma with step by step pics and video recipe. One of the simplest breakfast recipes with the touch of fried potatoes. adding fried potatoes is optional but that adds up to the taste of poha.
some of the popular breakfast recipes:
- Spicy Idli upma recipe | Masala Idly upma
- Hotel Style Rava Upma Recipe ~ Vegetable Rava Upma
- Healthy oats masala idli recipe | Instant south Indian breakfast idly without rice
quick video of aval upma recipe:
step wise photos of making red aval upma:
Grate a large potato and soak the grated potatoes in water for 2-3 minutes adding some salt in it.
squeeze out the water and take portion of it ans fry in hot oil in batches
fry till crisp and need not brown. take it out in a paper towel ans keep it aside until use.
next lets prepare the poha. take a bowl full of water and immerse a strainer in it. add a cup of poha into it and simply wash it with hands until soft. take out the strainer and keep it aside until use.
heat oil in a pan and pop in mustard seeds, urad dal, peanuts and fry the peanuts until slightly brown.
now add red chilli broken, green chilli broken, chopped onions, chopped carrots, chopped capsicum, chopped cabbage and fry for a minute.
add salt and fry again until vegetables are cooked but is crunchy. sprinkle little water if needed.
when vegetables are cooked, add chopped coriander leaves , prepared poha (by this time, poha will be soft and non sticky)
further add turmeric powder, salt, fried potatoes and mix well. fry for half a minute until well combined.
tasty and delicious vegetable red poha recipe is ready !
red aval upma recipe
- 3/4 cup grated potatoes
- 1.5 cups oil for deep frying potatoes
- 1 cup red poha
- 2 tsp oil for cooking
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 3/4 tsp urad dal
- 1 tsp chana dal
- 1/8 cup peanuts
- 2 nos green chilli
- 2 nos red chillies
- 1 spring curry leaves
- 1 medium onion chopped finely
- 2 tbsp chopepd carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped capsicum
- 1/4 cup grated cabbages
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- soak the grated potatoes in water with salt for 10 minutes. after 10 minutes squeeze and fry in hot oil until crisp.
- take a bowl full of water and immerse a strainer in it. add 1 cup poha in it and wash it well with hands until soft. strain and keep it aside.
- heat oil, pop in mustard seeds, urad dal, chana dal, peanuts and fry till slightly brown
- add chopped onions, red chilli, green chilli, curry leaves, carrots, capsicum, cabbages and fry till it is cooked but crunchy.
- add salt and fry till cooked. now add chopped coriander leaves, prepared poha, turmeric powder, salt to taste, fried potatoes and mix well.
- serve with lemon, fried potatoes and chopped coriander leaves.