Cabbage curry bengali style | Cabbage potato curry | Bandh gobhi aloo sabzi for chapathi– simple, easy and quick bengali curry for chapathi with cabbage/bandh gobhi/patta gobhi and potatoes.
mustard powder can be prepared in mortar pestle or coarsely grind mustard seeds in blender. Using sarson ka thel/ mustard oil makes the dish more unique.
some of the curries for chapathi that might interest you:
- Cabbage chana dal Kurma
- White Vegetable Kurma recipe | White kurma recipe hotel style
- Cauliflower curry recipe | how to make cauliflower curry for rice | Gobi curry recipe
- Sweet corn Capsicum sabzi | Corn Capsicum curry | Corn recipes indian
- Kareli aur aloo ki sabzi ~ bittergourd and potato fry | simply spicy
- Stuffed Bottle gourd curry | Lauki Musallam
Bengali Cabbage and Potato Curry video :
Cabbage potato curry with step by step pictures:
- heat oil in a pan and crackle cumin seeds and add bay leaf, cinnamon, finely chopped green chillies and finely chopped garlic to it.
- finely chop onions and add it. fry until it is slightly brown.
- Thinly slice the cabbages, chop potatoes and add both to the pan and fry until the cabbages are slightly roasted.
- finely chop tomatoes and add it along with the vegetables. fry until well mixed and slightly mushy.
- add all the spice powders: chilli powder, coriander powder, salt and freshly ground mustard powder. mix well and fry until flavors gets mixed with curry.
- pour in enough water for the vegetable to get cooked, close and cook until potatoes and cabbage is cooked completely. open and let it dry to get to the consistency you require.
Cabbage potato curry recipe card:
Cabbage curry bengali style | Cabbage potato curry | Bandh gobhi aloo sabzi for chapathi- simple, easy and quick bengali curry for chapathi with cabbage/bandh gobhi/patta gobhi and potatoes.
- 2 tbsp mustard oil
- 1/8 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 inch cinnamon stick
- 2 no cloves
- 1 no bay leaf
- 1 tsp garlic chopped
- 1 tsp ginger chopped
- 1 tsp green chilli chopped
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1.5 cups grated cabbage
- 1 medium potato
- 1 large tomato finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds powder
heat mustard oil and crackle cumin seeds and add bay leaf, cinnamon, cloves, finely chopped ginger, garlic and green chilli.
further add chopped onions and fry till brown
add grated cabbages and potatoes and fry until cabbages are slightly roasted
spice powders added: turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, salt and freshly ground mustard seeds powder.
mix well and fry until well combined.
add enough water, close and cook until cabbages are done. open and let it dry to the consistency you required.