Drumstick flower fritters recipe | Murungai poo pakoda | Sajne Phooler Bada with step by step photos and video recipe. drumstick flowers need no introduction and description for its health benefits. with its numerous magic it has got, we would need to include it in our diet somehow.
- Kids will love this pakode/pakora as the drumstick flowers will not be seen or tasted bitter in this recipe and they will taste like normal pakoda only.
- you can also add cashews to this pakoda
- green chillies can be chopped finely and added along with chilli powder. but when making it for kids, they might bite it, so skip it or chop it very finely.
- chop curry leaves into half and add so that it does not disturb when eating pakoda.
- this recipe does not absorb much oil. but you can also add 1 tbsp hot oil to the batter and mix well before deep frying to avoid oil absorption.
- serve it hot with chutney or tomato sauce
Drumstick flower fritters recipe | Murungai poo pakoda | Sajne Phooler Bada video recipe:
Drumstick flowers fritters recipe card:
Drumstick flower fritters recipe | Murungai poo pakoda | Sajne Phooler Bada
- 1 cup gram flour
- 1/4 cup rice flour
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 3/4 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp fennel powder
- 1 pinch asafoetida
- salt to taste
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/2 spring curry leaves broken
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves finely chopped
- 3/4-1 cup drumstick flowers
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- oil for frying
add all the ingredients from gram flour till salt to a mixing bowl, add 1/2 cup water in intervals and mix well to a smooth batter.
now add chopped onion, garlic, curry leaves, coriander leaves, drumstick flowers, cumin seeds and mix again to thick batter
scoop out a small portion and drop in hot oil
fry in medium heat till golden brown on all sides.
serve hot with sauce.
Drumstick flower fritters recipe with step by step pics and detailed description:
- firstly, take a clean mixing bowl and add gram flour, rice flour, turmeric powder, chilli powder.
- further add garam masala, fennel seeds powder, asafoetida and salt to taste.
- add water little at a time and mix well to a smooth batter consistency.
- finely chop onions and garlic. add in chopped onions, chopped garlic, chopped coriander leaves and fresh drumstick flowers.
- finally add cumin seeds and mix well. batter has to be very thick like in pic below.
- scoop a little batter and drop into hot oil.
- Fry the pakodas in batches while turning sides in between. cook in medium heat until golden brown on all sides.
- once they turn golden brown, strain to a paper towel and serve hot.
Pin for later: