Gothambu Kanji recipe | nurukku gothambu Kanji | Broken wheat porridge with coconut milk with step by step photos and video recipe. This dish is also made as a nombu kanji for thiruvathira and ekadashi.
Simple, easy and healthy recipe made with broken wheat. Adding coconut milk is purely optional in this recipe but adds to the taste of the kanji to the next level.
This can be had with any mezhukkupuratti/stir fries or puzhukku, pickle and fryums. one of the comfort meal option with simple side dishes.
Gothambu Kanji recipe
- 1.5 cups broken wheat – soaked for 2 hours
- 0.5 cup thick coconut milk
- 1/8 cup grated coconut
- salt to taste
- soak the broken wheat for 2 hours.
- drain and take it in a pressure cooker along with water. pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- open and mash it slightly. add water, coconut milk, grated coconut, salt and mix well.
- let it come to a boil. serve hot!
Nurukku Gothambu Kanji recipe
1.Soak the broken wheat for at least 2-3 hours. Drain the water and take it in a pressure cooker.
2. Pour 1.5-2 cups water, close and pressure cook for 2-3 whistles on high. Wait until the pressure settles on its own.
3. Open and mash it slightly with the back of the ladle. Add 1 cup water.
4. further add 0.5 cups coconut milk and 0.25 cups grated coconut.
5. add salt and mix well. let it come to a boil. put off stove and serve hot with the side dish of your choice.
delicious and healthy wheat porridge is ready !