How to make Palak chicken fry recipe | Palak chicken dry pakoda recipe with step by step photos and video recipe. Simple, easy and crispy starter recipe with palak greens and chicken.
Unlike the normal chicken curry, this can be easily made and is impressive starter for kids. Like the green cauliflower 65, this one has also become our favorite at home.
Palak chicken fry recipe
Palak chicken pakoda recipe
- 500 gms chicken – cut to bite sized pieces
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 1/8 tsp pepper powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup corn flour
- 2 tbsp rice flour
- 1.5 cups chopped palak leaves
for the green batter
- 1/2 cup gram flour
- 1 handful palak leaves
- 2 no green chilli
- 1/8 tsp chaat masala
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- salt to taste
for outer crust
- 1-2 cups rusk/ bread crumbs
- Marinate the chicken with all the items given under chicken marination.
- Mix well and keep it aside.
- Grind palak leaves a handful , green chillies to a fine paste.
- Add the palak paste to gram flour along with salt, gram masala and chaat masala.
- Mix well to a smooth and thick batter.
- Drop the chicken pieces in the green batter and coat it well on all sides.
- Roll it over the rusk powder/ bread crumbs.
- Prepare all the chicken pieces the same way.
- Freeze the pieces for an hour.
- Take out and deep fry each piece in medium hot oil until golden crisp.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce.
how to make Palak chicken dry pakoda recipe
1.Take chicken in a mixing bowl cut to bite sized pieces and add ginger garlic paste.
2. Along with ginger garlic paste, add turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, chilli powder, pepper powder, salt and lemon juice.
4. furthermore, add corn flour and rice flour.
5. finely chop spinach/palak and put them in bowl along with chicken. mix it up well.
6. sprinkle little water if needed and mix it up to a tight mix.
7. In another mixing bowl, take gram flour. In a blender, take palak, green chillies and grind them finely. add the green paste to the gram flour.
8. also add chat masala, garam masala and salt to taste.
9. Mix it lump free, smooth and thick batter. batter consistency has to be like the bajji bonda consistency.
10. meanwhile, take the chicken pieces one at a time and drop it in the green batter. coat it thoroughly on all sides.
11. drop the coated chicken piece in bread crumbs/rusk powder. I generally prefer to powder the sweet rusk as it gives a slight sweet taste to the outer crust. Keep all the pieces ready. If time permits, you can freeze them for an hour.
12. drop the pieces one by one in medium hot oil. Oil should not be too hot. If too hot, then outer crust will brown but chicken will not be cooked properly. so make sure the oil is not too hot.
13. Fry until golden crisp. strain it to a paper towel. serve hot!
14. serve the crispy palak chicken fry hot with tomato sauce.