Chicken ghee roast recipe | ghee roast chicken with step by step photos and video recipe. simple, easy and with very little ingredients, this chicken roast recipe is a dark semi dry chicken fry.
Am not that fond of adding ghee to the chicken. if not made the right way, then the taste of the dish is going to be flop. Ghee dominates the chicken and spices flavor.
This is my own recipe that i wanted to try this dark chicken. We call this allepy chicken simply because i learnt it from a friend in allepy. This is a fusion that i wanted to try with ghee and allepy chicken.
Chicken ghee roast recipe
chicken ghee roast recipe
- 1/4 cup coriander powder
- 1.5 tbsp chilli powder
- 1/2 kg chicken
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/8 cup ghee
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 4 large onion sliced
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- salt for frying
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- dry roast coriander powder in simmer until dark.
- put off stove and further add the chilli powder. keep frying it until dark.
- marinate the chicken with turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste, roasted powders, salt and lemon juice. set aside until use.
- heat ghee and oil in the pan and pop in cumin seeds.
- further add sliced onions and saute till transparent.
- now, add the ginger garlic paste, salt for frying and fry till brown.
- to this fried onion mix, add marinated chicken and mix well.
- close and cook for 15 minutes in medium heat
- open and stir in between. add water if needed.
- close and cook 15 minutes in simmer.
- open and fry until slightly dry and roasted.
- lastly, add curry leaves. close and put off flame. serve hot with rice/roti.
how to make ghee roast chicken with step wise pics
1.in a wide thick bottomed pan, add coriander powder and start roasting it in medium heat until dark but not burnt.
2. further, add chilli powder and put off the stove. in the heat of pan, fry chilli powder until dark and well combined with coriander powder.
3. In a mixing bowl, add chicken, turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste and roasted powders.
4. further add salt, lemon juice and mix well. set it aside until use.
5. heat ghee and oil in a pan and pop in cumin seeds. also add sliced onions and fry until transparent.
6. once the onions turn transparent, add ginger garlic paste and salt enough for frying the onions.
7. let it fry until brown. add the marinated chicken to the pan. mix well and fry for 2 minutes.
8. Close and cook for 15 minutes in medium heat. open and mix once. Add more water if needed. I did not add water as the water from the chicken was enough for cooking it.
9. close and cook again for 10 minutes in simmer. let it get cooked and roasted.
10. mix once and after frying it to the consistency you require, add curry leaves. close and switch off flame. serve hot with rice/roti.
delicious chicken ghee roast recipe is ready to use.