Paneer 65 recipe |paneer recipes | paneer starters with step by step photos and video recipe. simple and easy version of south Indian style paneer 65 recipe.
Adding curd in this recipe is optional. if using fresh paneer you can add curd to bind everything together with paneer. else the paneer doesn’t stick well with the batter.
In some recipes, soya sauce and sugar is used. which is a indo chinese version of it. but for the typical paneer 65 recipe, those are not needed. Also, green chilli paste can also be used for added taste.
I havn’t used maida or food colour in this recipe. most of my recipes especially when cooking for my kid will not include these. instead of using red food colour, i have used beetroot soaked water or you can even use beetroot juice. while we have such an amazing natural red coloring, why to use those harmful chemicals.
some of the popular paneer starters recipe in here are :
paneer 65 recipe video:
how to make crispy paneer 65 dry recipe
- 200 gms paneer
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/8 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/8 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 pinch chaat masala
- 2 tbsp curd
- salt to taste
- 3 tbsp corn flour
- 2 tbsp rice flour
- 1/2 medium onion sliced
- 1 pinch chaat masala
- 1 pinch pepper powder
- 2 spring curry leaves fried
mix paneer with ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, salt, chilli powder, kashmiri chilli powder, garam masala, chaat masala and curd.
to this add corn flour and rice flour. mix well and gently until well coated in all pieces.
soak beetroot in warm water and use the water to sprinkle over the paneer pieces. mix it gently until it coats as a sticky batter.
drop the pieces one at a time in hot oil and deep fry until crisp.
strain and serve with fried curry leaves, onions and sprinkle pepper powder and chaat masala.
1. instead of beetroot soaked water, you can use plain water also.
2. you can also use food colour
3. adding fresh curd helps binding the paneer with batter and makes it sticky. use very little or else it gives sour taste.
how to make paneer 65 recipe:
1.cut the paneer to cubes/triangles but solid enough so that it does not break when mixing. add turmeric powder, chilli powder, kashmiri red chilli powder, salt, ginger garlic paste, curd, garam masala and a pinch of chat masala. mix well but gently so that paneer doesn’t break.
2. Add corn flour, rice flour and mix well again so that the flours are well coated and sticks firmly in paneer.
3. soak the beetroot pieces in warm water and use the water for the colour. If you are not that bothered about colour, then you can skip this step and add plain water. drizzle few drops of water over the paneer pieces and mix to make it a sticky paste that is well coated all over. unlike chicken 65 , cauliflower fries, For paneer and mushroom fries, the batter should not be runny as it doesn’t stick to the paneer.
4. drop the well coated paneer pieces one at a time with the help of spoon into the hot oil. keep the flame medium and fry for a minute until golden. keep turning sides so that all sides are cooked well. strain it in paper towel and serve hot
5. serve with fried curry leaves, onions and sprinkle some chat masala and pepper powder on top. crispy paneer 65 is ready!