Dal palak for rice | palakura pappu recipe | Keerai kootu recipe with step by step photos and video recipe. this spinach curry for rice is very simple, easy to cook and quick recipe that will go with rice, dosa, idli and chapathi.
Tur dal or moong dal, either of it can be used in this recipe. If making for chapathi, moong dal or masoor dal will taste good. If making for rice and dosa/idli, tur dal will go good.
some of the spinach recipes:
- Palak Paneer recipe | palak paneer recipe video | punjabi dhaba style easy palak paneer
- Palak Kozhukattai
- Palak Pakora ~ Spinach fritters
- Palak Keerai Masiyal/ spiced and pureed spinach
- Palak Sepu vadi
- Easy spinach gravy for rice | keerai masiyal recipe south Indian style
- Cheera mutta upperi ~ Red spinach & Egg stir fry
- Cheera Paruppu Curry ~ Spinach Dal curry in earthen pot
Dal palak video recipe:
Keerai kootu recipe| Dal palak recipe card:
Dal palak | palakura pappu recipe | Keerai kootu recipe
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 dry red chilli broken
- 3/4 cup onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato finely chopped
- 2 cups palak chopped
- 1 cup tur dal cooked
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 3/4 tsp sambar powder
- 1 pinch asafoetida
- salt to taste
heat coconut oil, crackle mustard seeds and cumin seeds. add chopped garlic, red chilli, chopped onion and fry till brown
finely chop tomatoes and fry till mushy
chop palak and add it to the pan. fry till it shrinks.
cook tur dal till mushy separately and add it to the pan along with turmeric powder, sambar powder, asafoetida and salt to taste
add water and boil it for few minutes until raw smell of sambar powder goes off.
serve hot with rice or dosa/idli
Keerai kootu recipe with step by step pics
- Heat coconut oil in a pan and crackle mustard seeds, cumin seeds, chopped garlic and red chillies.
- further, add finely chopped onions and fry till brown.
- finely chop tomatoes and add it to the pan, fry till mushy.
- 2 cups tightly packed spinach is added and fry it until it shrinks.
- cook tur dal until mushy, mash and keep it ready. add cooked dal, turmeric powder, sambar powder, salt and asafoetida.
- Add water, mix well and let it boil until raw smell of sambar powder goes off.
pin for later: