Oats chaas, also known as oats buttermilk, is a healthy and delicious beverage that offers a range of benefits. It is made from oats, which are whole grain that is high in fiber and other essential nutrients.
Table of contents
Roasting and soaking the oats
Roasting oats can make them more digestible for some people by breaking down the starches and reducing their phytic acid content. Phytic acid is an anti-nutrient found in many grains, nuts, and seeds that can bind to minerals and reduce their absorption in the body. But it is suggested to soak the oats before cooking so that it breaks down the phytic acid and makes it more digestive-friendly.
Roasting and soaking oats are important steps in preparing them for consumption in dishes like oats chaas. These steps enhance the flavor of the oats, improve their digestibility and nutrient availability, reduce their cooking time, and promote satiety. So, make sure to include these steps in your oats chaas recipe to enjoy all the benefits of this nutritious and delicious beverage.
Benefits of drinking oats chaas
- Promotes digestion: Oats are rich in fiber, which is essential for promoting healthy digestion. Drinking oats chaas regularly can help prevent constipation and other digestive issues.
- Helps with weight loss: Oats chaas is low in calories and fat, making it an excellent choice for those looking to lose weight. The fiber in oats also helps you feel full for longer, reducing the likelihood of overeating.
- Lowers cholesterol levels: Oats contain beta-glucan, a type of soluble fiber that has been shown to lower cholesterol levels. Drinking oats chaas regularly can help reduce your risk of heart disease and other cardiovascular issues.
- Boosts energy: Oats chaas is a great source of complex carbohydrates, which provide sustained energy throughout the day. Drinking it in the morning can help you feel more alert and focused.
- Improves bone health: Oats are rich in calcium and other minerals that are essential for healthy bones. Drinking oats chaas regularly can help prevent osteoporosis and other bone-related issues.
- Regulates blood sugar levels: Oats contain a type of soluble fiber called beta-glucan, which has been shown to help regulate blood sugar levels. Drinking oats chaas regularly can help prevent spikes in blood sugar and reduce the risk of diabetes.
- Boosts immune function: Oats chaas is rich in vitamins and minerals, including iron, zinc, and vitamin B6, all of which are essential for a healthy immune system. Drinking it regularly can help boost your body’s natural defenses against illness and infection.
Oats Buttermilk video recipe
How to Make Oats Chaas: A Step-by-Step Recipe for a Healthy and Refreshing Beverage
- Oats – 1/4 cup
- Curd – 3/4 cup
- Water – 1.5 cups
- green chilli – 1
- ginger – 1/2 inch
- coriander leaves a few
- salt to taste
- cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
- chaat masala – a pinch
- lemon juice – a squeeze
- cumin powder and roasted flax seeds to garnish
- Dry Roast the oast for a couple of minutes and take it in a blender. You can also soak it separately for 10 minutes before making chaas.
- Add all the ingridients listed other than cumin powder and flax seeds.
- Lastly, add lemon juice and Blend it until frothy.
- Serve it chilled with cumin powder and roasted flax seeds on top.