Chakka erissery recipe | Jackfruit coconut dry curry
Chakka erissery recipe | Jackfruit coconut dry curry recipe Kerala style with step by step photos and video recipe. Raw jackfruit and coconut curry that is super simple to prepare and is also a very common recipe especially during the jackfruit season.
I have my Raw jackfruit stocked in the freezer always. I prepare it in Bulk during the season and store them. unlike the normal erissery like mathan erissery, dal is not used in this recipe.
How to freeze Jackfruit?
Clean the fruit, remove the pods and directly store in the freezer. If you are going to use it in a week or two, then clean, remove rinds, seeds and chop them for the curry and freeze. You can put them in the fridge from the freezer the previous night so that it gets thawed easily.
some of the Kerala style Jackfruit recipes:
- Jackfruit seeds stir fry – chakkakuru-mezhukkpuratti-recipe
Chakka erissery recipe
Quick video recipe:
- 3 cups raw jackfruit and seeds chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 no red chilli broken
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 1/3 cup grated coconut
- To make the curry, firstly, take chopped raw jackfruit, turmeric powder, chilli powder, salt and mix well. Sprinkle water, Close cook, until soft.
- Grind together coconut and cumin to a fine paste.
- Add the coconut paste to the cooked jackfruit. mix well. Let it get heated up.
- Tempering: Heat oil and crackle mustard seeds, red chilies, curry leaves, and grated coconut.
- fry until reddish-brown. Add the tempering to the curry and mix gently.
- serve hot with rice and stir fry.
Step by step pics
1.Take the chopped raw jackfruit and seeds and take it in a mudpot. add turmeric powder, chilli powder, and salt.
2. Sprinkle little water, mix once. Close and cook on medium heat until it is soft.
3. Meanwhile, grind coconut and cumin to a fine paste and add the paste to the cooked jackfruit.
4. Heat oil and crackle mustard seeds, red chilli, curry leaves.
5. when the curry leaves turn crisp. Add grated coconut and fry until reddish.
6. Add the tempering to the curry and mix gently.
Me and my mom are trying this today. Wishing good luck and thanks for the recipe.
thank you. I am sure you liked it!
Comments are closed.