Aadi Koozh recipe | Ragi Koozh | Keppai Koozh with step by step photos and video recipe. simple, healthy porridge that can be made instant and easy with roasted ragi powder.
Ragi is well known for Bone strengthening and fighting anemia. This is one of the main reason, it is always suggested to include ragi in a child’s diet.
This Ragi Koozh is made for the aadi pandigai/festival and is served at temples. some of the other recipes made for the festival,
Aadi Koozh recipe | Ragi Koozh
Quick video recipe
Ragi Koozh recipe
- 2 tbsp raw rice
- 1 cup ragi flour
- 2-3 cups water
- salt to taste
- 1 cup curd
- 5-6 no small onions – chopped
- 3-4 no curry leaves – chopped
- 1/2 tsp ginger – chopped
- 1/2 tsp green chilli – chopped
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves – chopped
- Coarsely grind raw rice and take it in a mud pot. add water and cook it until it is soft.
- meanwhile, mix ragi flour with 2 cups water in a bowl and add the ragi water once the raw rice is cooked.
- add salt and mix well. keep stirring on medium heat until it is thick and cooked.
- put off and let it cool.
- Once cool, add curd, chopped onions, green chilli, chopped coriander, chopped curry leaves, chopped ginger, salt for the curd.
- Mix well and check the consistency. If needed, add water to make it thin.
- serve warm and fresh.
Step by step pictorial
- Measure and take raw rice in a blender and Coarsely it.
2. Take the coarsely ground raw rice in a mud pot and also add water to it. Let it cook until it is soft and cooked.
3. Measure and take the roasted ragi powder in a mixing bowl and add little water first. Mix well until smooth and then add the remaining water. Mix again.
4. Pour the ragi water to the same mud pot where we have the raw rice cooked. Add salt and start stirring in medium heat.
5. Keep stirring until it is thick and comes to a thick porridge consistency.
6. Let the ragi porridge cool down completely. To this, add whisked curd, small onions, chopped curry leaves, chopped green chilli, chopped coriander leaves, and salt. Mix gently and add more water if needed to bring to a consistency you need.