Javvarisi Semiya Payasam | Vermicelli Sago Kheer Recipe with step by step photos and video recipe. simple and easy payasam with vermicelli and sago (javvarisi) and condensed milk. adding condensed milk to milk based payasam gives a finger licking taste to the dessert.
some of the payasam recipes that might interest you:
- chakka varatti payasam
- chakka payasam/ jackfruit payasam
- nungu payasam
- moong dal payasam
- palada pradhaman
- broken wheat payasam etc.,
quick video of Javvarisi Semiya Payasam recipe
step wise pics of making Javvarisi Semiya Payasam recipe
1.melt ghee in a pan and add cashews and dry grapes. fry until it is roasted and take it in a bowl and keep it aside.
2. in the same pan, fry the vermicelli until brown and keep it aside.
3. boil 1/2 litre milk and add sago(javvarisi) to it.
4. let it boil in simmer while you push the cream that sticks to bottom and sides of pan to center.
5. after 2-3 minutes, add the sugar and condensed milk. adjust the quantity of sugar and condensed milk as per your taste. mix well until it dissolves.
6. add fried vermicelli and a pinch of cardamom powder. let it cook until the vermicelli is cooked completely.
7. takes 15 minutes by that time quantity reduces. it thickens and changes it colour to pale yellow. lastly add the fried dry fruits.