Aadi Paal recipe |Thengai paal payasam recipe with step by step photos and video recipe. Simple and easy coconut milk dessert recipe that is made specially during Tamil aadi month.
On the very first day of Aadi that is usually called as aadi pirappu or aadi pandigai is celebrated with a feast that is offered to god. This Aadi paal is made on this day and offered to god.
Pudhu mappilai/son in law is invited to the girl’s house and gifted with new clothes. Aadi month is majorly dedicated in prayers to Goddess Amman.
Few of the other payasam offered to the god,
Aadi paal recipe
Aadi paal recipe
- 1/2 tsp ghee
- 1 tsp cashews
- 1 cup jaggery
- 1 cup thin coconut milk second extract
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/3 cup thick coconut milk first extract
- Firstly, Fry cashews in ghee until roasted and keep it aside until use.
- In the same pan, add jaggery and little water for it to get melted.
- Let it melt and get boiled.
- Strain it to another pan and add thin coconut milk
- let it come to a boil.
- Put off and add cardamom powder and thick coconut milk.
- Mix well and finally add fried cashews to it.
step by step instructions with pics
Preparing Jaggery water
To make this aadi paal, lets first prepare the jaggery. In a saucepan, add jaggery with little water.
Making the payasam
To the clean jaggery water, add thin coconut milk or the second extract. Stir continuously and let the mixture come to a boil.
Lastly, add cardamom powder and thick coconut milk. Put off the flame. Since we are making in an earthen pot, the heat in itself is sufficient for the first coconut milk to get heated up.
Melt ghee and fry the cashews until slightly roasted.
Add the roasted cashews to the payasam and mix once.