Aadi Kummayam recipe |Kummayam recipe with step by step photos and video recipe. a special dish or porridge that is prepared with roasted dals and rice.
With all the goodness of urad dal that enriches iron, folic acid, calcium, magnesium, and potassium, which makes this dal a healthy option especially for pregnant women.
aadi month recipes:
- aadi-paal-recipe – Coconut milk payasam
- Aadi ragi koozh
- Maa vilakku
- Semiya payasam
- Paruppu payasam
Aadi Kummayam recipe
Quick video recipe:
Step by step recipe of making kummayam
Dry roast Urad dal in low heat until slightly brown and take it in a plate.
In the same pan, roast moong dal and rice until rice puffs and moong dal is slightly reddish.
Cool the roasted urad dal, rice, and moong dal completely and grind it to a fine powder. sieve it into the same pan.
In a saucepan, melt the jaggery with little water just until it is melted.
Strain and add the melted jaggery to the sifted flour. Also, add ghee to it.
Mix well until the entire mixture is lumps free.
Continue to cook until it is thick. add ghee in parts in between or as and when needed.
Cook until thick and it leaves the pan and comes together.
Serve it with ghee drizzled
- 1/4 cup urad dal
- 2 tbsp rice
- 2 tbsp moong dal
- 1/2 cup jaggery
- 2-3 tbsp ghee
- dry roast the urad dal, rice, and moong dal separately until slightly roasted and take it in a blender.
- Blend to a fine powder once it cools down completely.
- sieve the powder to a pan. Meanwhile, melt jaggery and strain it to the pan with powder.
- add ghee and mix everything together until lump-free.
- start cooking until thick, add ghee in between if needed.
- Cook until it leaves out the pan and comes together.
- serve hot with ghee.