How to make vegetable pasta Indian style with step by step photos and quick video. tomato flavored masala pasta recipe with bow tie pasta made in the Indian style. one of the best option for kids to make them eat vegetables.
I have already made this white cheese pasta with cream and cheese but more than that this masala pasta is often preferred at home. though i dont pack this for babloos lunch box often as its best tasted only when hot! sometimes i do pack when am out of time.
quick video of vegetable pasta recipe
step wise pics of making masala pasta
1. first step is to cook the pasta in correct way. heat approximately 3-3.5 cups water in a deep saucepan or pot with salt. let it come to a rolling boil.
2. when it is boiling, wash and add 1.5 cups pasta to it. let it cook for 5-8 minutes on high. mine took nearly 10 minutes to get soft. read the instructions on pasta cover as each type of pasta will require different timing to cook.
3. while the pasta is cooking, lets make the masala for it. heat 2-3 tbsp of oil in a pan/skillet and add crushed ginger and garlic. you can also add ginger garlic paste. also add chopped onions and fry until onions are transparent.
4. further add mixed vegetables. I have added bellpeppers(green , yellow, red), olives and carrots chopped finely. You can also add corn or peas or beans. Add very little of each. any 3-4 vegetable will be good. fry for a minute.
5. after a minute of frying, add tomato puree, turmeric powder, chilli powder and garam masala. mix well. for tomato puree, simply grind the tomatoes.
6. close and cook in medium heat for 5 minutes until the vegetables and tomatoes are cooked. open and mix once.
7. by this time. pasta would have cooked. strain it and add it to the pan.
8. add tomato sauce to taste and mix well and cook for a minute. serve hot.
recipe card for vegetable pasta recipe
vegetable pasta recipe
- 1.5 cups bow tie pasta
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 medium onion – finely chopped
- 1/2 cup vegetables – bellpeppers, carrots, olives
- 2 medium tomato – paste
- salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp tomato sauce
- boil water with salt and cook the pasta in it for 5-8 minutes or until soft.
- strain and keep it ready.
- heat oil and add crushed ginger garlic, chopped onions and fry till transparent.
- add chopped vegetables of your choice and fry for a minute.
- puree the tomatoes and add them along with turmeric powder, chilli powder, garam masala and salt.
- mix well, close and cook for 5 minutes until tomatoes and vegetables are cooked.
- open, mix once and add the cooked pasta to it.
- lastly add tomato sauce and mix well. cook for a minute and serve hot.