Simple Fish Tawa Fry
Simple fish fry recipe with step by step pics and video recipe. marinating the fish pieces in curd mix and fry it in tawa until roasted.
some of the fish recipes which we prepare often are fish curry kerala style which we call it as varutharacha meen curry. one more interesting restaurant style fish curry recipe as well. vanjaram fish fry which is my family favourite one. meen veviachahu is yet another simple fish curry recipe.
Quick video of fish fry recipe
step wise pics of fish fry recipe
In a wide plate or bowl, add curd, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, kashmiri red chilli powder, coriander powder, ginger garlic paste, salt, curry leaves and mix well.
add pepper powder to it and mix again. preferably freshly ground pepper powder.
clean and keep the fresh fish pieces ready. place the pieces one by one and apply the masala on all sides of fish.
repeat the process for all the pieces. refrigerate for an hour or more. overnight is also best. take out the pieces and fry in tawa with little oil.
turn sides when it is roasted on one side. keep the flame to medium on roast again. if required add more oil and cook. you can leave out that char or serve with it. we like that as well and serve it along with the deep roasted parts.
serve the delicious and simple fish fry hot with onions and lemon.
fish fry recipe
- 3 tbsp curd
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp curry leaves chopped
- 1 tbsp pepper powder
- 1/8 cup oil for frying
- mix together all the ingredients in a wide bowl and apply the mix over the clean fish pieces.
- apply on all sides and refrigerate for an hour or more.
- heat tawa and add 2-3 tbsp oil for frying. place the pieces on it and let it cook in medium heat until roasted.
- turn sides and cook until roasted.