Raw jackfruit fry recipe | Chilli chakka recipe | jackfruit chilli recipe with step by step photos and video recipe. Raw jackfruit fry – raw jackfruit fried with masala and coconut.
some of the jackfruit recipes /chakka recipes are given here:
- Jackfruit seeds stir fry
- Jackfruit Choco Muffins
- Chakka Varattiyathu
- Chakka mulakushyam
- Idi Chakka Pulungari – Tender Jackfruit Coconut Curry
- Idi Chakka Podimas ~ Tender Jackfruit coconut curry
- kadachakka curry | Breadfruit curry | kada chakka masala curry
- Chakkakuru Muringakka Curry
- Chakka Chips
On account of jack fruit being declared as Kerala’s Official Fruit, I wanted to add up more fun and colors to my favorite jack fruit.
Chakka chilli recipe quick video,
raw jackfruit fry recipe
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 spring curry leaves
- 1 long green chilli broken
- 3/4 cup shallots chopped
- 2 cups raw jackfruit chopped
- 3/4 tsp turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp tomato chopped
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 3/4 tbsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tbsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 pinch fenugreek powder
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut (or) grated coconut
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 spring curry leaves
- heat oil, crackle cumin seeds and fennel seeds and then add curry leaves, green chilli and chopped shallots.
- fry until shallots are pink.
- add chopped raw jackfruits, turmeric powder, salt, water to get it cooked and mix well. close and cook for 10 minutes or until done.
- open and add chopped tomatoes, ginger garlic paste, chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala, cinnamon powder, fenugreek powder.
- fry for 5 minutes in simmer until roasted and add desiccated coconut and mix well.
- tempering: heat coconut oil and fry curry leaves until crisp.
- mix well with the jackfruit fry. serve hot with rice and curry.
Raw jackfruit fry recipe with step by step pictures
firstly, heat oil and crackle cumin seeds and fennel seeds. when it crackles , add curry leaves and green chilli. add 1 or 2 springs of curry leaves. finally also we will be frying curry leaves and adding again. cook in coconut oil preferably for best taste.
Further add chopped shallots and fry for a minute till transparent. need not fry till brown. just fry until it gets transparent or pink. shallots/ small onions are used here instead of big onions. you can also use finely chopped big onions.
Add chopped raw jackfruits. here you can also use seeds along with jackfruit. when using seeds, peel off the outer skin from seeds and then add or if you are adding as such also its not at all an issue, just discard it while eating.
to the jackfruit, add turmeric powder, salt to taste and mix well.
add half a cup of water to it , close and cook until the jackfruit is almost cooked. it approximately takes around 10-15 minutes on medium flame.
open and check to see if the jackfruit is easily breakable. it should not be mashable but breakable.
further add chopped tomatoes, ginger garlic paste alogn with all the spice powders: chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala, cinnamon powder and fenugreek powder. if you don not have cinnamon and fenugreek powder, then just grind it in mortar pestle and add them or give it a pulse together. but do not skip this.
mix well and fry for 5 minutes on simmer while stirring in between. the jackfruit pieces gets slightly roasted and darkens in color.
now add desiccated coconut or you can also use grated coconut. mix well and stir for few seconds. push the entire mixture to one side of the pan.
add coconut oil on the empty side of the pan and drop few springs of curry leaves. you can also fry in separate pan and add to it but this way, i feel the masala scorched at the bottom will get easily mixed with the oil and improves flavor.
when it turns crispy, mix it with the jackfruit fry.
serve hot with rice and curry of your choice.