Spicy Rasam Soup Recipe is one of the best medicine for cold and cough made with freshly ground spices and gives instant relief for cold and cough. Easy to prepare too.
Spicy Rasam Soup Recipe – Pictorial Directions:
Take all the ingredients and grind raw to a thick paste. Ingredients used are tomatoes, garlic, chilli, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds, curry leaves, coconut, peppercorns.
(Not all ingredients are shown in the below pic)
Add Cooked Tur dal, Powders to be added: Turmeric powder, Rasam powder, Sambar powder, Pepper powder, cumin powder.
Pour in thick tamarind extract, salt to taste and water to fill the vessel.
Add asafoetida and a pinch of sugar and let it Boil
For seasoning: Crackle mustard seeds and red chilli and add it to the rasam.
Spicy Rasam Soup Recipe video recipe:
Spicy Rasam Soup Recipe:
Spicy Rasam Soup Recipe
To Grind Raw
- 2.5 medium tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp peppercorns
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp corinader seeds
- 1/8 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 2 dry red chilli
- 1 spring curry leaves
- 1 tbsp coconut grated
- 1/4 cup cooked dal
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp rasam powder
- 1/4 tsp sambar powder
- 1 tsp pepper powder
- 1/8 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2-3/4 cup tamarind extract
- salt to taste
- 3 cups water
- 1 pinch asafoetida
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 dry red chilli - broken
- Take all the ingredients under "Grind Raw section" and make a paste.
- Add Cooked dal, all the powders, tamarind extract, salt and water. Mix well.
- Add asafoetida and sugar and give it a boil.
- When it boils, switch it off. For seasoning, crackle mustard seeds and red chilli and add to the rasam.