Chakkakuru Mezhukkpuratti recipe | Jackfruit seeds stir fry recipe with step by step photos and video recipe. one of the simple, tasty and popular seasonal recipe of kerala made with jackfruit seeds.
I had already posted these jackfruit seeds stir fry which is the alternate method of cooking it. A.K.A “Mezhukkupiratti” which means a “shiny/glossy coating that is applied over” Generally, shallots and red chilli are crushed or the other way is like in this recipe where I have used Kashmiri chilli powder.
Besides, there are a bunch of traditional Jackfruit recipes that you can have a look at,
- jackfruit icecream
- chakka-payasam-recipe Jackfruit payasam
Chakkakuru Mezhukkpuratti recipe
- 2.5 cups jackfruit seeds – chopped
- 3/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 1/2 cup small onions
- 1 tbsp kashmiri chilli powder
- salt to taste
- Pressure cook the clean and chopped jackfruit seeds, turmeric powder, water and mix well.
- pressure cook for 4-5 whistles or until soft. drain the seeds.
- heat oil and crackle mustard seeds, curry leaves.
- grind small onions, Kashmiri chilli powder to a medium coarse paste and fry till raw smell leaves.
- put in the cooked jackfruit seeds, salt and mix well
- fry in simmer for few minutes until dry and roasted.
- serve fresh and hot with rice and curry.
Jackfruit seeds stir fry recipe
1. Firstly, clean the chop the jackfruit seeds. I mom cleans in by placing the jackfruit seeds on a towel, closed and hammering it with coconut. this way, it breaks down to pieces and the outer thick skin can be peeled off easily. Take it in a cooker along with water just enough to immerse the seeds.
2. Add turmeric powder and mix well.
3. Close and pressure cook for about 4-5 whistles and check if it is soft and completely cooked.
4. Heat oil in a pan and crackle mustard seeds and curry leaves.
5. Grind together small onions and kashmiri chilli powder to a fine paste.
6. Furthermore, Add the masala to the pan and fry for a minute until all the moisture and raw smell leaves.
7. Finally, Add cooked jack fruit seeds, salt and start frying in simmer.
8. Fry in simmer for a minute or two until dry as well as slightly roasted.
serve the chakkakuru mezhukku fresh and hot with rice and curry of your choice.